Ek Balam and Cenote Maya
Visit Ek Balam, the most recent archaeological zone in the region to be opened to the public. You will also enjoy the Cenote Maya Park, a beautiful natural formations and great natural pool of 80 m of diameter.
07:00 to 08:00 a.m. Pick-up in different hotels in the Riviera Maya or Cancun
10:00 to 10:30 a.m. Arrive at Ek-Balam, or Maya Cenote (According to the logistics)
Cenote Maya Park: (3 hours): Descend into the regions most impressive cenote through a large wooden staircase made with the ancient maya technique. Enjoy its beautiful formations and swim in this large natural pool. Ascend from the underworld through a tunnel to reach the park gardens.
Maya Artisans: Visit the most renowned artisans of the region and admire as they carry out their craft with the skill of their hands using the same technologies as the ancient Maya.
Maya Buffet: We will have different traditional dishes including, lime soup, cheese and chaya tamales, beans, vegetables rice, mole, chicken, hand -made tortillas, fruits, dessert, flavored water and coffee.
Optional Adventure Activities: Swimming in Cenote, diving, rappel, Trepachanga, and Tarzan vine. (120kg/ 264 lbs. maximum weight for these 3 last activities)
Ek-Balam (1:30 hours), Visit one of the most impressive ceremonial centers in the Yucatan peninsula, you will witness the incredible decoration of their temples and plazas. Admire the unique sculptures in high relief that have surprised archaeologists and scholars. These sculptures support the recently restored jaguar mouth in the front of the main temple. Imagine the rituals that took place in the ball game (Pok Ta Pok) and take a photo at the false arch, one of the architectural icons of the Maya culture.
5:00 - 6:00 PM Arrival at hotels in Cancun and the Riviera Maya.
- Transportation in minibus or van with A / C (maximum 24 pax)
- Traditional lunch and beverages
- Entrance fee to Ek-Balam
- Archaeological and multilingual guide
- Equipment for activities
- Towels & lockers.
- Tips for our guides
- Alcoholic drinks
- Souvenirs or photographs
- Children under the age of 6 are not allowed to participate.
- This expedition is not suitable for people with severe physical or motor handicaps or serious heart problems
- It is definitely not recommended for pregnant women.
- People under the influence of alcohol will definitely not be permitted to participate in this expedition.
- Pick up is available in most of hotels in Cancun and the Riviera Maya. Exact time of your pick-up will be sent by email after booking.
- In case we dont have pick-up for a specific hotel or location will be sent you the nearest meeting point where pick-up is available
- Bring comfortable footwear to walk in the jungle (tennis shoes or sports sandals, no flip-flops)
- Swimming gear
- Extra T-shirt & towel
- Extra cash (tips, pictures and souvenirs).