Coba Maya Encounter
Unforgettable adventure tour to the Mayan ruins of Coba including Zip-line, Cenote, swim, Rappelling, Canoe paddling and much more.
Visit ancestral city of Coba, an archaeological site hidden deep inside the jungle. Climbing the Nohoch Muul temple (the tallest pyramid of the state), you will be able admire the pristine beauty and immeasurable vastness of the surrounding sub-tropical rain forest.
Then we will visit an authentic Maya village, a self-sufficient Maya community living next to an integral part of the regions lagoon system. You will walk you through the Maya communitys forest, learning the mysteries of their local fauna and flora.
Your unforgettable off-track adventure tour then begins: exciting zip-line flying over an incredibly beautiful Cenote, a refreshing swim, rappelling down into another Cenote, and canoe paddling on a lagoon of enormous beauty. And to end it all, a delicious traditional lunch prepared by the women of this Maya community.
Rappel: We will teach you to rappel into cenotes of unsurpassable beauty! An easy but very exciting activity that will leave its mark as one of the best during your vacations!
Swimming: A refreshing dip in the crystal clear fresh water of the cenotes of the region.
Zip-line crossing: Harnessed to our zip-lines you will experience the amazing feeling of flying through the pristine rainforest on one of our thrilling zip-lines!
Canoe: Setting out on a gentle canoe trip on a calm fresh water lagoon you will be able to appreciate the exquisite natural surroundings, the abundant bird life, and often families of howler or spider monkeys.
Mayan Feast: Together with you we take time to enjoy an authentic Mayan culinary experience. The menu includes: Chicken cooked with the traditional Mayan ingredients, vegetable soup, rice, beans, potatoes, pasta, empanadas, and hand made tortillas.
Coba Encounter: In this majestic archeological site we take a two-hour tour of one of the oldest and most important Mayan treasures in the region, visiting its temples and the legendary ball game area. After a 1.5 km bike ride, arrive at the Nohoch Muul Pyramid (the tallest in Quintana Roo) from the top of which you will enjoy a wonderful view of the amazing sub-tropical jungle that surrounds the site.
Mayan Encounter: We will have the opportunity to see how the Mayas live and experience with these wonderful people an adventure in their natural world. Together with the locals we will: Walk through their forest, learning of the local fauna and flora
This tour is available from Cancun, Riviera Maya, and Tulum (See more details in additional info).
- Round transportation in small groups,
- Traditional lunch,
- Archaeological tour guide
- Entrance fee to Coba
- Equipment required for activities
- Towels and lockers.
- Tips for guides
- Alcoholic drinks
- Souvenirs or photographs
- From Riviera Maya this tour operates daily.
- This tour operates from Monday to Friday for hotels located in Cancun, Costa Mujeres and Puerto Morelos.
- This expedition may represent an over-exertion for people with disabilities and/or moms-to-be.
- Children up to the age of six can enjoy the tour.
- Minimum height: 3.6 ft
- Maximum harness size at waist: up to 42 in
- Maximum harness size at thigh: up to 26 in
- Maximum weight: 264 lbs
- People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances will not be allowed to participate.
- For safety reasons, hands should be kept free, the use of cameras and recording devices (including cell phones or tablets) is not allowed, except for action cams like Go-Pro, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion. This tour may have some restrictions on weather conditions.
- The use of sunblock and insect repellent is allowed only if they are labeled as biodegradable.
- Pick up is available in most of hotels in Cancun and the Riviera Maya. Exact time of your pick-up will be sent by email after booking.
- In case we dont have pick-up for a specific hotel or location will be sent you the nearest meeting point where pick-up is available
- Bring comfortable shoes (may we suggest sport shoes)
- Rashguard shirt, fresh clothing, bathing suit
- Hat, extra shirt
- Cash or credit card for souvenirs and photos.